There isn’t one right way to read a book. Some readers insist on feeling the weight of the latest hardcover in their hands, while others prefer to turn a page onscreen with the swipe of their finger. If you lean toward the digital way, Baldwin has thousands of eBooks available to download through our online libraries, OverDrive, Hoopla and EBSCO.
New to reading on a mobile device? The Library is here to help! We can to walk you through the steps and get you reading on the go in no time. Give us a call at 248-554-4650 to set up an appointment.
Access Hoopla on your preferred device, then follow the instructions to begin reading:
- Click “Log In” in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click “Sign Up Now.”
- Choose “Baldwin Public Library” from the drop-down menu and click “Continue.”
- Enter your account information and click “Sign Up Now.”
- Download the Hoopla app from the Google Play or App store.
- Tap “Sign Up.” You will then see either a drop-down menu or a map with participating libraries, depending on whether your device’s location settings are enabled.
- Choose “Baldwin Public Library.”
- Enter your information and tap “Sign Up.”
Online collection of animated, talking picture books that are designed to encourage the joy of reading in young children.
An interactive experience that allows you to explore storybooks and non-fiction while increasing understanding and fluency. Grades Pre-K to 5
2 Hours Free Parking in Chester Street Deck.
Metered street parking around Library
Free Parking on Sundays
300 W. Merrill St.
Birmingham, MI 48009
Monday to Thursday
9:30 am - 9:00 pm
Friday and Saturday
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
12:00 pm - 5:00pm
April 21: Easter
May 25-27: Memorial Day
July 4: Independence Day