Love to read, but aren’t sure what to read next? Our staff is always thrilled for an opportunity to share their favorites and recent discoveries with our patrons. And we have great programs and communications that can keep you in the loop on the latest titles we’re buzzing about:
- Librarian Recommended Reads – Fill out the online survey and a Baldwin librarian will email you 3-5 personalized suggestions.
- Book Clubs – These are a great way to learn about new titles. Baldwin offers in-depth discussions on hot new books and topics. And our clubs are open to everyone.
- BookPage Magazine – This newsletter summarizes popular recommendations, so you can see at a glance what interests you. New issues are available on the first of each month, and are generously provided by the Friends of the Baldwin Public Library. Can’t wait for the next newsletter? Check out Library Reads here.
- BPL Staff Picks – Wondering what titles are on our staff’s nightstands? Look for recommendations posted in the adult and youth sections of the Library.
- Just Ask! – Our Librarians are happy to give recommendations on the books they love. Contact our Adult Services staff in person, by phone or email, or via social media.
- NoveList – This comprehensive database is filled with great recommendations on books for every taste, interest and genre.
We’d also love to hear your suggestions for new titles. If you’re a resident of Birmingham, Beverly Hills, Bingham Farms or Bloomfield Hills, feel free to share your thoughts on how we can enhance our collection below. To be considered, you must include your Library barcode or mailing address, as well as supporting details about your suggestion (book, CD, DVD, etc.). If your item is added, we’ll be sure to contact you.
Free Parking in Chester Street Deck through December 31
Metered street parking around Library
Free Parking on Sundays
300 W. Merrill St.
Birmingham, MI 48009
Monday to Thursday
9:30 am - 9:00 pm
Friday & Saturday
9:30 am - 5:30pm
12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
November 25, 2020 – Closing at 5:30 pm
November 26, 2020 – Thanksgiving Day