Update: Friday, June 6:
View Baldwin’s full reopening plant at www.baldinwlib.org/reopening
Update: Friday, March 20:
For the health and safety of our community, the Baldwin Public Library will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- All Library programs have been cancelled through May 15.
- Curbside pickup is no longer available.
- At this time, we are no longer accepting materials returns or donations of used items for the Friends of the Baldwin Public Library.
- Late fees on items due will be waived until four weeks after the Library reopens to the public.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Library Director Doug Koschik at 248-554-4681.
Update: Saturday, March 14:
Out of an abundance of concern for the health and safety of the public in regards to the COVID-19 virus, the Baldwin Public Library will be closed from Sunday, March 15, through Sunday, April 5. This follows the recommendation of the Michigan Library Association that all public libraries remain closed through Sunday, April 5.
The Library Board and staff will continue to monitor the situation and will provide more information and updates in the days and weeks to come. Please visit www.baldwinlib.org for the latest information.
The book drop will remain open to return your borrowed items, but late fees on items due will be waived until four weeks after the Library reopens to the public.
Update: Thursday, March 12:
The Baldwin Public Library is closely monitoring information about COVID-19 and is taking steps to help reduce the spread of the virus. The health and safety of staff and Library-users is our priority. Because of this, we are making the following modifications to our Library services:
- All Library programs and events from Friday, March 13 through Tuesday, March 31 have been cancelled.
- The Idea Lab is available by appointment or for 3D print pickups only.
- The Computer Lab is unavailable for use.
- Home Delivery via U.S. Mail is available for any patron who wishes to have materials or holds sent to their home. To enroll in this program, contact Adult Services at 248-554-4650 or online.
- We recommend using Curbside Pickup if you do not wish to enter the Library building.
In addition to regular cleaning, we’re taking the following precautions to keep the Library sanitized:
- Increasing the frequency with which we disinfect door handles, railings, tables, computer areas, equipment, and frequently used areas.
- Reconfiguring computers and seating to allow for 4 to 6 foot spacing between users.
- Continuing to make gel hand sanitizers and soap available for Library users.
- Sanitizing toys in our Kids Corner and removing plush toys from the Kids Corner.
The Baldwin Public Library will remain open to the public with normal hours of operation. Please visit our website for updated information. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Use the Library from Home
If you or a family member is not feeling well, we have thousands of books, movies, music, and more for you to stream or download with your Library card. Here’s a list of resources accessible from home:
News & Media
Recommendations from the State of Michigan
The State of Michigan recommends using good hygiene practices to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Keep your distance from others when you are sick.
- Stay home from work or school when you are sick for at least 24 hours after your fever (100 F and above) is gone, except to seek medical care. Your fever should be gone without using fever-reducing medications or antiviral drugs. It could take up to one week or more to feel better.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze or cough (tissue or sleeve)
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently. If soap and water are not available, alcohol-based cleaners (at least 60% alcohol ingredient) are effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth germs are spread this way.
- Get plenty of sleep, water, healthy food and exercise
- Seek medical care early. Consult your healthcare provider immediately if you develop flu symptoms.