People don’t have to stay home to enjoy movies, music and TV anymore. Now, they can stream it on the go, using mobile devices to watch or listen wherever they please. To stay current with our patrons, the Library provides access to streaming media sites Kanopy, Hoopla and Freegal, which makes it easy to watch programming or listen to music on your PC, mobile device or TV.
- Click “Log In” in the upper right hand corner.
- Click the “Sign Up Now” button.
- Choose “Baldwin Public Library” from the drop down menu and click “Continue”.
- Enter your account information and click “Sign Up Now”.
- Download the hoopla app from the Google Play or App store.
- Tap “Sign Up”. You will then see either a drop down menu or a map with participating libraries, depending on whether your device’s location settings are enabled.
- Tap “Baldwin Public Library”.
- Enter your information and tap “Sign Up”.
Video content may also be wirelessly streamed to a TV using Apple TV screen mirroring, or by connecting your mobile device or computer to your TV with a HDMI cord
Stream from any computer, television, mobile device or platform or download the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast or Roku
To get started:
- Go to Kanopy and click “Sign up” in the right hand corner
- Log in via Google or Facebook OR create your own Kanopy account
- Respond to Kanopy’s email verification
- Enter your Baldwin library card number
- Select a film and start streaming
You will receive 10 play credits per month. Once you start to watch a movie by clicking or pressing “play,” you have used one play credit and you can watch that movie an unlimited number of times for 72 hours. If you wish to watch it again after 72 hours, it will use another play credit. Play credits reset at the end of the calendar month.
2 Hours Free Parking in Chester Street Deck.
Metered street parking around Library
Free Parking on Sundays
300 W. Merrill St.
Birmingham, MI 48009
Monday to Thursday
9:30 am - 9:00 pm
Friday and Saturday
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
12:00 pm - 5:00pm
July 4: Independence Day
August 31 - September 2: Labor Day Weekend
September 6: Staff Development Day
November 27: Closing at 5:30 p.m.
November 28: Thanksgiving