Tour the Building
Want to learn some Baldwin history and see our architecture up close? Use our map to take a self-guided tour of our 40,000-square-foot facility anytime. Our first building was built in 1927, the Youth Room followed in 1960 and the Adult Services wing was added in 1981. We recently renovated our Adult Services area, making this an ideal time to compare changes through the decades.
As you’re touring the building, be sure to check out architectural details like the newly exposed brick in our entryway. Visit our innovative and inspiring Idea Lab. And don’t forget to peruse all of our books and media. While you’re visiting, feel free to ask a member of our staff any additional questions — we love talking about our Library.
Fast facts about the Baldwin:
• Meeting rooms are located on the lower level and the second floor, and hold 5-100 people
• Our Youth Room has a story room and play area, and is geared toward infants through grade 6
• Adult Services features our Grand Hall and a collection of fiction and large-print books; the Adult Services wing has non-fiction, the Teen Scene, study rooms and computers
• The Harry Allen Room is dedicated to Local and Michigan history
• The Claudia Ireland Reading Room features biographies, poetry, literary criticism and plays
• Coffee and vending machines, located in the lower level, are open for use
Monday - Thursday
9:30am - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday
12:00pm - 5:00pm
Baldwin Public Library
300 W. Merrill St.
Birmingham, MI 48009
Baldwin Library Idea Lab
The Idea Lab is the Baldwin Public Library's new space for hands-on exploring, tinkering, and learning. We're here to encourage learning and collaboration through access to new technologies and machines. Currently we have a 3d printer and laser cutter available for use. ALL experience levels are welcome.
2 Hours Free Parking in Chester Street Deck.
Metered street parking around Library
Free Parking on Sundays
Monday to Thursday
9:30 am - 9:00 pm
Friday and Saturday
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
12:00 pm - 5:00pm
July 4 - Independence Day
September 1-3 - Labor Day Weekend