Your donation will make it possible for the Baldwin Public Library to acquire materials and provide services that would otherwise be beyond its reach.
Donations to the library are tax deductible
Baldwin Public Library Trust
300 West Merrill Street
Birmingham, MI 48009
- Endowment Fund: You can endow a fund honoring an individual, family or organization with a minimum donation of $10,000. The Library will identify the funding source of all items and services acquired through the endowment. You may choose a specific area of support, such as collections (e.g., large print books, musical compact discs), programs (e.g., author lecture series), or any other kind of library-related activity (e.g., staff development).
- Property: Gifts of cash, real estate, or other valuable property to the Library are deductible. Former gifts include furnishings for a specific area and special landscaping on the Library grounds
- Bequest: By remembering Baldwin Public Library in your will you create a lasting memorial. As with an endowment, you may choose a designated area of support.
- Appreciated Securities: A gift of securities to the Baldwin Trust is entirely free of tax, no matter how much the value may have risen since you acquired them.
- Trust Arrangements: Charitable lead trusts offer the Library the income of an asset for a specified number of years. Charitable remainder trusts are accomplished by the creation of annuity trust or a unitrust.
- Life Insurance: Name the Baldwin Public Library as an owner and beneficiary of a life insurance policy. It allows you to make a substantial gift. The premium is tax deductible.
- Life Tenancy: Subject to your continuing use of the property for life, give the Library a home or farm and earn an income tax deduction.
The Baldwin Public Library Trust is a 501(c)(3) organization, established in 1981, whose purpose is “to receive, hold, invest and apply donations of money, personal property and real estate for the benefit of the Baldwin Public Library.” The acting Directors of the Baldwin Public Library Board constitute the Trustees of the Baldwin Public Library Trust. All donations to the Trust are invested and spent according to the guidelines of the Trust Investment Policy.
If you would like to discuss some of the options outlined above, please contact Doug Koschik, Library Director, at 248-554-4681.
300 W. Merrill St.
Birmingham, MI 48009
Monday to Thursday
9:30 am - 9:00 pm
Friday & Saturday
9:30 am - 5:30pm
12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
September 5-7, 2020 - Labor Day Weekend