The Baldwin Public Library, through its Trust, has a number of donor opportunities and ways for you to support the Library. You can honor a loved one or friend in a unique and meaningful way with a tribute or memorial gift to the Baldwin Public Library Trust. Anniversaries, birthdays, graduations and retirements are all wonderful opportunities to show that you care. Donations to the Library are a living memorial for any occasion.
Your donation will make it possible for the Baldwin Public Library to acquire materials and provide services that would otherwise be beyond its reach.
Donations to the library are tax deductible
Copies of the donation form are also available in the Library and completed donation forms can be mailed to:
Baldwin Public Library Trust
300 West Merrill Street
Birmingham, MI 48009
The Library offers a number of other donation opportunities through its endowment fund. Your gift can be structured to meet your needs.
- Endowment Fund: You can endow a fund honoring an individual, family or organization with a minimum donation of $10,000. The Library will identify the funding source of all items and services acquired through the endowment. You may choose a specific area of support, such as collections (e.g., large print books, musical compact discs), programs (e.g., author lecture series), or any other kind of library-related activity (e.g., staff development).
- Property: Gifts of cash, real estate, or other valuable property to the Library are deductible. Former gifts include furnishings for a specific area and special landscaping on the Library grounds
- Bequest: By remembering Baldwin Public Library in your will you create a lasting memorial. As with an endowment, you may choose a designated area of support.
- Appreciated Securities: A gift of securities to the Baldwin Trust is entirely free of tax, no matter how much the value may have risen since you acquired them.
- Trust Arrangements: Charitable lead trusts offer the Library the income of an asset for a specified number of years. Charitable remainder trusts are accomplished by the creation of annuity trust or a unitrust.
- Life Insurance: Name the Baldwin Public Library as an owner and beneficiary of a life insurance policy. It allows you to make a substantial gift. The premium is tax deductible.
- Life Tenancy: Subject to your continuing use of the property for life, give the Library a home or farm and earn an income tax deduction.
The Baldwin Public Library Trust is a 501(c)(3) organization, established in 1981, whose purpose is “to receive, hold, invest and apply donations of money, personal property and real estate for the benefit of the Baldwin Public Library.” The acting Directors of the Baldwin Public Library Board constitute the Trustees of the Baldwin Public Library Trust. All donations to the Trust are invested and spent according to the guidelines of the Trust Investment Policy.
If you would like to discuss some of the options outlined above, please contact Doug Koschik, Library Director, at 248-554-4681.
Monday - Thursday
9:30am - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday
12:00pm - 5:00pm
Baldwin Public Library
300 W. Merrill St.
Birmingham, MI 48009
Check Out Our Digital Services
Baldwin has thousands of titles that you can watch, read, and listen to on your computer or mobile device - all without having to set foot in the library.
2 Hours Free Parking in Chester Street Deck.
Metered street parking around Library
Free Parking on Sundays
Monday to Thursday
9:30 am - 9:00 pm
Friday and Saturday
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
12:00 pm - 5:00pm
November 22 - Closing at 5:30 pm
November 23 - Thanksgiving
December 24 - Christmas Eve
December 25 - Christmas Day
January 1 - New Year's Day
January 15 - Open for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
April 1 - Easter
May 26-28 - Memorial Day Weekend
July 4 - Independence Day
September 1-3 - Labor Day Weekend