- The Cornwalls are Gone by James Patterson – In her career as an Army intelligence officer, Amy Cornwall has seen haunting sights half a world away. None compare to the chilling scene at her Virginia home. It is empty. A phone rings with a terrifying ultimatum: locate and liberate an unnamed captive in forty-eight hours, or her kidnapped husband and ten-year-old daughter are dead.
- Wild Card by Stuart Woods – Stone Barrington and his latest paramour are enjoying a peaceful country retreat when their idyll is broken by an unwelcome stranger. He was sent by an enemy, someone who’d be happy to silence Stone and all his collaborators for good . . . only it’s soon clear that Stone is not an easy man to target.
- Crown Jewel by Christopher Reich -Monte Carlo’s lavish casinos have become the target of a sophisticated and brutal team of professional gamblers; a casino dealer has been beaten to death; a German heiress’s son has been kidnapped. Who better to connect the crimes and foil a daringly brilliant plot than Simon Riske, freelance industrial spy?
- Dark Tribute by Iris Johansen – Despite her tragic childhood, violin prodigy Cara Delaney has finally found peace in her career as a professional musician and stability in her relationship with her guardians, forensic sculptor Eve Duncan and ex-Navy SEAL Joe Quinn. If only Jock Gavin, Cara’s lifelong friend and a man with his own twisted history, would come back into her life, everything would be perfect.
- The Last Second by Catherine Coulter – From New York Times bestselling authors Catherine Coulter and J.T. Ellison comes a riveting thriller pitting special agents Nicholas Drummond and Michaela Caine against a private French space agency that has the power to end the world as we know it.
- Deep Harbor by Fern Michaels – When Carol Ann “CJ” Jansen lost her beloved older brother, Kick, in a boating accident, she came adrift. Kick had taken on the role of caring for his little sister after their parents were killed in a car crash. Inheriting half his fortune has left CJ financially secure–yet needing a purpose.
- Celtic Empire by Clive Cussle – The murders of a team of United Nations scientists in El Salvador… A deadly collision in the waterways off the city of Detroit… An attack by tomb raiders on an archaeological site along the banks of the Nile… Is there a link between these violent events? The answer may lie in the tale of an Egyptian princess forced to flee the armies of her father three thousand years ago. Intrepid heroes Dirk Pitt and Al Giordino go on their wildest, boldest mission into the ancient world, unlocking extraordinary secrets and solving hideous crimes.
- Run Away by Harlan Coben -You’ve lost your daughter. She’s addicted to drugs and to an abusive boyfriend. And she’s made it clear that she doesn’t want to be found. Then, by chance, you see her playing guitar in Central Park. But she’s not the girl you remember. This buy veterinary prednisone woman is living on the edge, frightened, and clearly in trouble. You don’t stop to think. You approach her, beg her to come home. She runs. And you do the only thing a parent can do: you follow her into a dark and dangerous world you never knew existed.
- The Parade by Dave Eggers – An unnamed and largely lawless country is leaving the darkness of a decade at war, and to commemorate the armistice the government commissions a new road connecting two halves of the state. Two men, foreign contractors from the same company, are sent to finish the highway.
- Silent Night by Danielle Steel – Paige Watts is the ultimate stage mother. The daughter of Hollywood royalty, Paige channels her acting dreams into making her own daughter, Emma, a star. By the age of nine, Emma is playing a central role in a hit TV show. Then everything is shattered by unforeseeable tragedy.
- The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See– Mi-ja and Young-sook, two girls living on the Korean island of Jeju, are best friends that come from very different backgrounds. When they are old enough, they begin working in the sea with their village’s all-female diving collective, led by Young-sook’s mother. As the girls take up their positions as baby divers, they know they are beginning a life of excitement and responsibility but also danger.
- The First Lady by James Patterson / Brendan Dubois – Sally Grissom is a top secret service agent in charge of the Presidential Protection team. She knows that something is amiss when she is summoned to a private meeting with the President and his Chief of Staff without any witnesses. But she couldn’t have predicted that she’d be forced to take on an investigation surrounding the mysterious disappearance of the First Lady–with strict orders to keep it a secret.
- Louisa on the Front lines by Samantha Seiple – An eye-opening look at Little Women author Louisa May Alcott’s time as a Civil War nurse, and the far-reaching implications her service had on her writing and her activism.
- Work wife : the power of female friendship to drive successful businesses by Erica Cerulo -Get inspired by the women who discovered that working with your best friend can be the secret to professional success–and maybe even the future of business–from the co-founders of the website Of a Kind.
- Kid Gloves : Nine Months of Careful Chaos by Lucy Knisley – Her whole life, Lucy Knisley wanted to be a mother. But when it was finally the perfect time, conceiving turned out to be harder than anything she’d ever attempted. Fertility problems were followed by miscarriages, and her eventual successful pregnancy plagued by health issues, up to a dramatic, near-death experience during labor and delivery.
- Midnight in Chernobyl : The Story of the World’s Greatest Nuclear Disaster by Adam Higginbotham – The definitive, dramatic untold story of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant disaster, based on original reporting and new archival research.