- Transcription by Kate Atkinson – In 1940, eighteen-year old Juliet Armstrong is reluctantly recruited into the world of espionage. Sent to an obscure department of MI5 tasked with monitoring the comings and goings of British Fascist sympathizers, she discovers the work to be by turns both tedious and terrifying. But after the war has ended, she presumes the events of those years have been relegated to the past forever. Ten years later, now a radio producer at the BBC, Juliet is unexpectedly confronted by figures from her past. A different war is being fought now, on a different battleground, but Juliet finds herself once more under threat.
- Red War by Vince Flynn – When Russian president Maxim Krupin discovers that he has inoperable brain cancer, he’s determined to cling to power. His first task is to kill or imprison any of his countrymen who can threaten him. Soon, though, his illness becomes serious enough to require a more dramatic diversion – war with the West. Upon learning of Krupin’s condition, CIA director Irene Kennedy understands that the US is facing an opponent who has nothing to lose. The only way to avoid a confrontation that could leave millions dead is to send Mitch Rapp to Russia under impossibly dangerous orders.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story – During an adventure into the criminal underworld, young Han Solo meets his future co-pilot Chewbacca and encounters Lando Calrissian.
- The Seagull – A film adaption of the classic play by Anton Chekhov. Friends and family gather for a weekend at a lakeside Russian estate. A tragicomedy unfolds about art, fame, human folly, and the eternal desire to live a purposeful life.
- Shadow Tyrants by Clive Cussler and Boyd Morrison – Nearly two thousand years ago, an Eastern emperor charged a small group with safeguarding a body of knowledge and secrets powerful enough to change the history of mankind. They went down in legend as the Nine Unknown Men – and now two rival factions of the descendants are fighting a mighty battle. Now it’s up to Juan Cabrillo and his team of expert operatives to stop both of them from the destructive order accutane online Canada path they’re on, and save the earth from a dynasty of terror.
- The Forbidden Door by Dean Koontz – She was one of the FBI’s top agents until she became the nation’s most-wanted fugitive. Now Jane Hawk may be all that stands between a free nation and its enslavement by a powerful secret society’s terrifying mind-control technology.
- Ordinary People by Diana Evans – South London, 2008. Two couples find themselves at a moment of reckoning, on the brink of acceptance or revolution. Are they all just in the wrong place? Are any of them prepared to take the leap?
- Crudo by Olivia Laing – Kathy is a writer. Kathy is getting married. It’s the summer of 2017 and the whole world is falling apart. Fast-paced and frantic, Crudo unfolds in real time from the full-throttle perspective of a commitment-phobic artist who may or may not be Kathy Acker.
- Walking Shadows by Faye Kellerman – Detective Peter Decker and his wife, Rina Lazarus, risk life and limb to solve a pair of brutal murders that may be tied to a crime from more than twenty years ago
- In His Father’s Footsteps by Danielle Steel – The story of two World War II concentration camp survivors, the life they build together, and the son who faces struggles of his own as a first generation American determined to be his own person and achieve success.
- Leverage in Death by J.D. Robb – Lieutenant Eve Dallas puzzles over a bizarre suicide bombing in a Wall St. office building. With the help of her billionaire husband Roarke, Eve must untangle the reason for an inexplicable act of terror, look at suspects inside and outside two corporations, and determine whether the root of this crime lies in simple sabotage, or something far more complex and twisted.
- The Man Who Came Uptown by George Pelecanos – An ex-con must choose between the man who got him out and the woman who showed him another path. Trying to balance his new job, his love of reading, and the debt he owes to the man who got him released, Michael Hudson struggles to figure out his place in this new world before he loses control.