Use the Library from Home
While the Library is closed to the public, we encourage you to check out our selection of online materials. We have thousands of books, movies, music, and more for you to stream or download with your Library card. Click or tap to sign up for a Baldwin Library card.
Here’s a list of resources accessible from home:
- OverDrive Libby – ebooks and eaudiobooks
- Hoopla! Digital – movies, music, TV shows, ebooks, eaudiobooks, and graphic novels
- Hoopla Bonus Borrows – a new and specially curated collection of over 1,000 items that don’t count against your monthly item limit.
- Kanopy – Watch over 30,000 Documentaries, Classic and Indie Films.
News & Media
- Digital Magazines – thousands of full-color, digital magazines with no expiration limit on checkout.
- Online Newspapers – get access beyond of the paywall of the websites for The Washington Post, The New York Times, and the Financial Times.
- Newspaper Databases – access indexed articles from The Detroit Free Press, the Wall Street Journal, and more through ProQuest
- Ancestry Library – now available from home for a limited time. Access the world’s largest online history resource with family history, family trees, genealogy research, and records search.
- CreativeBug – online video arts and crafts workshops and techniques.
- Gale Courses – Enroll in one of 350+ online courses to learn a new skill or strengthen a passion. Registration is open now for courses that begin on April 15.
- Lynda.com – instructional videos on popular subjects like web design, IT, education, media, and business. Lynda.com recently added specials courses on how to work from home more productively.
- Mango Languages – learn to speak over 71 languages with self-paced, conversationally-based lessons.
- Brainfuse Tutoring – live tutoring from 2:00pm – 11:00pm, seven days a week.
- Tumblebooks – animated, talking picture books. It’s currently free to anyone, with or without a library card.
- PebbleGo – includes great, kid-friendly resources and activities on COVID-19
- Bookflix – online literacy resource that pairs classic video storybooks with related nonfiction e-books.
- MeL.org/kids – fast, reliable online resources for homework and home schooling activities.