Stop by the Adult Services desk to pick up the Winter Reading Challenge game card. Play along through the winter to push your reading boundaries and earn chances to win fun prizes. Cards must be turned into the Adult Services desk by Sunday, February 26 to be eligible for prizes.
Join us for a special screening of Ava DuVernay's Oscar-nominated documentary "13th." “13th” - which takes its title from the 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution abolishing slavery - explores the link between slavery and the modern-day prison system.
Get the tools for a great book club and learn book selection tips, discussion techniques, and great resources for finding questions. Bring a list of books your club has read.
Update on the Birkerts Addition:
- The space continues to be closed off to the public.
- Two bands of limestone were removed along the curved portion of the Birkerts addition. Glass windows will be installed beginning February 13.
- Ceiling framing is nearly complete. The new higher ceiling features several coffers throughout the space.
- Installation of the new electrical system began at the end of January. The wing will be well-lit and the space will have many seating areas to study and charge devices.
- The ceiling in the front entrance has been removed and will be framed and finished along with the Adult Services area.
- The north wall of the book return sorting room has been removed. The ceiling will be raised in line with the rest of the space and a glass wall will be added to make the book sorter more visible to visitors.
- Restoration of the exterior brick on the original building is nearly complete.
- Public computers are temporarily located in the lower level Computer Lab.
Update on the new computer lab and makerspace:
- A temporary wall has been constructed around the space, which is located across from the Circulation Desk. Library patrons decorated our temporary Construction Collection in January with favorite or imagined book titles.
- The original windows and plaster walls and ceilings have been exposed and will be repaired and updated in the next few weeks.
The original windows and ceilings in the new space have been exposed and the plaster walls and ceilings have been repaired.
To receive updates about the renovation, please sign up for Baldwin's Renovation Updates email list.